I’m Kaye Frost-Hunt, a counsellor and psychotherapist in Port Coquitlam, BC.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, and Psychotherapist with a Master of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology. My training has equipped me with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical experience to excel as a therapist. Throughout my education, I studied various psychological theories, including Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person-Centered Therapy, Family Systems, Emotional Focused Couples Therapy, Gottman Couples Therapy and Psychodynamic approaches..
The significance of an ethical practice, cultural competence, and ongoing professional development has been a core part of my education and I am constantly staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field and to maintain the highest standards of care for my clients. As a Registered Clinical Counsellor and Psychotherapist, I continue to update my knowledge with the latest research material, and training in EMDR, Low Energy Neurofeedback (LENS), and attending seminars and conferences.
Thanks to my diverse theoretical background, I am able to tailor my therapeutic approach to suit the unique needs and preferences of each client, ensuring a personalized and effective treatment plan. I firmly believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship and the significance of creating a safe and trusting environment where clients feel comfortable exploring their thoughts and emotions. My role as a counsellor is to be a facilitator in each client’s journey towards healing and self-discovery because every person is capable of change and growth.
By embracing the impact of our own identities in relation to others, we can establish stronger therapeutic alliances, facilitate personal growth, and create a more inclusive and empathetic counselling environment, ultimately leading to more meaningful and transformative client outcomes.
With my experience as an empathetic and committed therapist, I will compassionately support you on your journey to healing, fostering resilience and guiding you towards positive transformations that bring greater fulfillment and meaning to your life.
I’m Kaye Frost-Hunt, a Port Coquitlam based therapist.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Certified Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) Provider, and EMDR Psychotherapist with more than ten years experience helping people achieve fuller connections in their lives and their relationships.
I can teach you strategies and provide you with proven tools to help you create a happier self.
Understanding the impact of who we are in relationship to others plays a pivotal role in fostering awareness, acceptance, and compassion in counselling, crisis intervention, and client services.
- As counsellors, our training recognizes that our own beliefs, values, and biases can influence our interactions with clients. By cultivating self-awareness, introspection; continually asking question’s of ourself, we become more attuned to these personal factors, allowing us to approach clients with greater sensitivity and openness. Acknowledging and accepting our own vulnerabilities and limitations is a life long study which also enables us to connect with clients on a deeper level, promoting an atmosphere of non-judgment and acceptance. As a result, clients feel safer to explore their emotions and experiences, knowing that they are seen and heard with genuine compassion.
Empathetic care and focus on a person’s previous successes and their value system are crucial in supporting positive change and goal setting.
- Empathetic care has shown me a way to deeply understand and connect with my clients. Through acknowledging and valuing previous successes, and reminding clients of their strengths and resilience, together we are able to create a safe space to explore emotions and challenges without fear of judgment. When considering a clients unique value system, together we tailor interventions that align with their beliefs and aspirations, making the process of change and goal setting more relevant and meaningful. These principles work in synergy, empowering clients to embrace their potential, overcome obstacles, and take proactive steps towards achieving their desired outcomes in therapy and in life.
Seeing and caring for the whole person, not just the symptoms presented, enables growth.
- In my counselling practice, I place great importance on seeing and caring for the whole person, not just the symptoms they present. This holistic approach is essential for facilitating growth and transformation in working with my clients. By considering the emotional, social, physical, and spiritual dimensions of an individual’s life, I can gain a deeper understanding of their unique experiences and challenges. Addressing the root causes of their issues and not merely treating surface-level symptoms allows for more meaningful and sustainable growth. Moreover, this comprehensive approach helps build a strong therapeutic relationship based on trust and collaboration, empowering clients to explore their inner selves and make positive changes that go beyond the surface level. By embracing the whole person and supporting their overall well-being, I foster a sense of empowerment, resilience, and self-awareness that leads to lasting personal development and fulfillment.
If you choose to work with me, I will be a dedicated and supportive partner in your pursuit of personal development and emotional well-being.
Empowerment: I am a firm believer in the innate strength and resilience that lies within each individual. By helping my clients tap into their inner resources, I can enable them to make meaningful changes and lead more fulfilling lives. Through empowerment, I aim to guide clients towards embracing their unique abilities and creating positive transformations.
Growth: Life is a journey of continuous growth and learning. I am dedicated to supporting my clients in their personal growth endeavours. My aim is to help my clients identify their goals and provide them with the tools and guidance to achieve them. Personal development is a lifelong process, and I am committed to walking alongside my clients every step of the way.
Integrity: Trust is the foundation of a strong counselling relationship. I adhere to the highest ethical standards, ensuring that confidentiality, respect, and honesty are central to every interaction. My commitment to integrity fosters an environment of authenticity and trust, essential for meaningful therapeutic work.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor in good standing with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) #3501
- Certified Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) Provider listed on ochslabs.com
- EMDR Psychotherapist listed on emdrcanada.org
- BCPFFA Endorsed Silver Level Service Provider.
- Listed in the British Columbia Directory of Occupationally Aware Clinicians on firstresponderhealth.org.
- MA Counselling Psychology, City University, Seattle, WA, USA
- BA Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies Contemporary Fine Arts, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- Certified Yoga Teacher – Kushala Yoga Ltd., RYT 200 Yoga Alliance, Port Moody, BC, Canada
Thank you for visiting my counselling page. I look forward to meeting you and embarking on a journey of empowerment and growth together. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule a session.
Office Location: 1617 Taylor St, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 4G7